Automatically sync products and orders between your Shopify store and Modern Metier.
As of January 2022, the integration method has changed. For vendors currently connected using the old method, there will be no disruption.
Before you can create a custom app for your store, you need to enable custom app development. Only the store owner can enable custom app development.
Create an install a custom app
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Apps and click on Develop apps
2. Click Allow custom app development
3. Read the warning and information provided, and then click Allow custom app development.
4. Once you have allowed custom app development, click Create an app.
5. In the modal window, enter the app name (Modern Metier) and select an App developer. The app developer can be the store owner or any staff or collaborator account with the Develop apps permission.
6. Click Create app.
7. There are 2 parts of configuring the App:
- Admin API integration
- Storefront API integration
Click Configure Admin API scopes, and select the following permissions:
- Inventory – read_inventory
- Orders – write_orders and read_orders
- Products – read_products
Click Configure Storefront API access and set up the same permissions as the Admin API access.
8. Click Save.
9. Click Install App.
10. Under the API Credentials tab, copy the Admin API access token. This key can only be accessed one time, so please make sure to copy the key before navigating away from the page. If you do not copy it, you will need to click uninstall and then reinstall and copy the new key.
11. Finally, go to your API Credentials and copy the API Key and API Secret Key.
Add your Shopify Access Token and API keys to Modern Metier
2. Add your Store URL (e.g. yourstore.myshopify.com).
3. Paste your API access token.
4. Click on Submit.
Once you’ve submitted the integration request, you will receive an email confirmation when your e-commerce store has sucessfully been integrated. This process generally takes up to 24 hours.